Friday, February 11, 2011

Reflux?

The last few weeks I have been battling some kind of reflux problem. It all started on New Years Eve when I drank 2 bottles of champagne by myself. I know - ridiculous! The next day I had an upset stomach, so naturally I assumed it was a hangover. But it went on to the next day and next day. I had about 4 days straight of upset stomach, then after that it came back every other day until around Jan 10th when I began having wicked heartburn. This went on for about 2 weeks and then I started getting this lump at the bottom of my throat. I went to the hospital because it scared me, I didn't know if my throat was closing up or what.

Anyway it turns out that the lump is from the heartburn (called globus) and was given tablets to get rid of it. They worked great but started giving me heart trouble, so I had to go off them. Now I try to watch what I eat and only eat small meals, but I am still getting the lump every day or so and a funny heartburn feeling too. I just bought some Mylanta for heartburn/reflux yesterday, I hope that can settle it down until my appt. with the Gastro Doc on Mar. 5th.

I've noticed that in the last few days I ahven't been able to eat much. I get full really fast, must have something to do with the reflux. Oh well, I guess it'll help me lose weight if I can't really eat!

I wonder if all this is due to my weight, probably. Unless that New Years Eve champagne did something serious to my stomach?? I guess we'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment