Friday, February 4, 2011

Delay...

Well there has been a delay in my weight loss plans. We've had some financial difficulties and I've been quite stressed with my Dad starting his cancer treatments. But now I am settled and ready to get on with it, especially since my 5 year old daughter has just started Kindy (what we call Kindergarten in Australia) :).

I still haven't taken my measurements, but will later today. And I will post them here to remind me how god awful they are!!

As for exercise, in the coming weeks I will finally get to join the gym (which has a pool), so I can begin doing walking laps. My husband was also nice enough to buy me Zumba for the Xbox , so as soon as Monday comes, I'll be trying that everyday my kids are at school. I don't want to do it while they're home because i'll be embarrassed. I'll look like a whale trying to dance, that can't be pretty!

Throughout my life there have been so many humiliating or embarrassing things that have happened to me due to being overweight. Ok I'm not overweight, I am morbidly obese. I need to face up to these 2 words as much as I am scared to do so.

Morbidly Obese.

That almost brings a tear to my eye...."sigh". I'll try not to dwell on the words. I will defeat them! It will take me a long time, but I am making a promise to myself that it will happen.

I will have some minor goals to achieve throughout the next 11 months, but the big one at the end will be to weigh 120kgs. That means I have 11 months to lose 45kgs, which is a whopping 100 lbs.

I think my first goal should be to fit into the size 26 jeans I bought off ebay 2 months ago. It's pretty depressing when you can't even fit into size 26 :(

No comments:

Post a Comment